Thursday, July 16, 2015

Starving....

I decided to go back to blogging on this site. I have so much to say, and when I get texts and messages that my words are motivating you to make changes in your lives, it drives my desire to continue to share. If you don't know my mantra yet, you will soon know that I love CARBS and that I am fueled by carbs at each and every meal!! I'm not talking about the white, refined versions of carbs, but the whole grainy, comes in it's natural package, non-processed kind. Now do remember the name of this blog is "Moderation for Life", which means anything goes, but most of the time, I am fueling my body with nutrient rich food. That being said, lets get to this afternoon's recipes....

6:30am wake up call after being out late with a new group of momma friends, we are all parents of LGBT children. I toasted my whole wheat english muffin, topped with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter, no sugar added, and a tablespoon of all fruit blueberry jelly. After a brutal morning of workouts, 30 minutes on stairmaster alternating hands free intervals with holding intervals, I was dripping sweat. I then did my loop run, which was the first time I made decision to run after another workout. Ran my fastest mile!! Then to boot camp for a sweat sesh, followed by personal training with Samm Johnson. Lots to love about Samm Johnson, just her wonderment for life, but the way she challenges me based on my personal needs and always changing it up, makes me super proud to call her my friend as well. Downed my cup of cashew milk mixed with a cup of dark chocolate almond milk, and headed to physical therapy next, where Belinda literally ripped the fascia from my scar tissue around my implants, no bueno. And when heating my back and chest, she developed a new torture device for me, having someone poke my rehabbing foot with the dull and pokey side of a paperclip, in an attempt to de-sensitive the area. Fun and games, and to think, I pay for all this torture!!

During PT all I could think about was my lunch. And after Samm shared that she had nachos yesterday at Active Culture, I knew what I would be preparing as soon as I got home.

First I threw down a nectarine. Then I took two recipes and mixed them together. While I love avocado, it is highly calorie, so I always dumb it down with veggies. My fav two recipes are the California Pizza Kitchen Guac copy cat recipe, http://lifeyourway.net/california-pizza-kitchen-guacamole-copycat-recipe/ and this Fresh Veggie Chopped Salad,http://moderation4life.blogspot.com/2012/02/fresh-veggie-chopped-salad.html, both of which I use for appetizers with tortilla chips.

I just meshed the ingredients, lots of chopping for this impatient rumbling stomach, but within 30 minutes, I was chowing down.



I weighed out two servings of blue chips, and layered them with the salad, followed by grilled jalapenos and homemade tomatillo salsa. Yum!! Let me know what you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment