Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Not Enough Hours In My Day....

I wish I had unlimited time to write and blog. Way too much to communicate and way too little time.
Finished my three hour training stint....uphill treadmill, followed by boot camp, and then personal training session.  Was tortured at physical therapy, then home to soak for a bit.  Now I'm laying in my adjustable Sleep Number bed, Giada on in the background, and I want to share a serious comfort food I made last week, but healthy version of course. It is a combination of a recipes from The Chew and Ellie Krieger.  It is Bomb!!

Mac and Cheese
Cook 2 boxes of whole wheat pasta or your choice
Place 2 10oz boxes of frozen pureed squash in sauce pan over medium heat with 2 c. 1% milk (or unsweetened almond, soy, coconut or cashew) til defrosted. Turn off heat and add....
4 oz. extra sharp cheddar, 2 oz. pepper jack, 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt, 1 t. salt, mustard powder and a shake or two of cayenne pepper.  Bring to a soft boil.

Complete Sauce


Drained Pasta



Mix together and place into baking pan.  Top with mixture of 2 T. whole wheat bread crumbs and 2T. parm.  Sprinkle over the pasta. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and brown on top.
Finished Mac and Cheese




















That is all she wrote for now. Serve with bbq chicken and big tomato salad.  And enjoy leftovers for days. Off to fuel the body and get ready for swim session.  Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment