Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fresh Veggie Chopped Salad

Felt like I was at one of those spa retreats where all I had to think about was myself for the last two days. Took an unplanned, but much needed trip to Palm Desert and stayed with an old friend who I knew would simply be there for me. We hiked and talked and walked and talked and cooked and talked and ate and talked. She shared a recipe from her kid's baseball days that a mom shared with her, and as soon as she told me the ingredients, I told her we needed to blog it together. So here goes....all the ingredients "before":
Jan likes to use all three colors of sweet peppers and we both agree green peppers have no place in this recipe. Chop all veggies the size of corn kernels....

2 ears of corn, steamed or roasted, kernels cut off of husk
1 red, yellow and orange pepper
2 handfuls of baby carrots, sliced thin
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 avocados
2 tomatoes
4-6 limes
jalapenos, as much as you can take, with or without seeds for heat


You can add in avocado if serving to group, but if you are the only one who eats this, just use half avo for your portion, and eat with high fiber tortilla chips. AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment