Monday, April 23, 2012

Orange Julius anyone??

I always loved when we would make orange julius' for treats when I was growing up. They're so refreshing and tasty! However, they're not exactly a great option when it comes to calorie/sugar content. When we got our VitaMix, it came with a recipe book that I put on the bookshelf and hadn't really thought of since. I decided to pull it out this morning, and it is absolutely a treasure trove of great recipes! I was so excited to see one called 'Orange Juice Plus'. It tastes just like an orange julius, and the best part is there are only 42 calories per cup!

To make it, place the following ingredients into your blender in the order listed:
2 medium navel oranges - peeled and halved ~ 1/4 cup water ~ 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon sugar ~ 3/4 cup ice

Turn your blender on and blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. It makes 3 cups total - I gave my hubby 2 cups at 84 calories total, and I had 1 cup. It was delicious and refreshing!


Enjoy this warm weather treat guilt-free!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment