Sunday, September 4, 2011

Been a little busy...

Yikes! Between moving home from Indiana and the rest of summer just zipping by...somehow it's been over a month since my last update!! So sorry to all of you for not keeping up with this. Mom and I are grateful to cousin David for providing a post in our absence. Hopefully the three of us will be much better at posting on a regular basis!

Will show you a few things that my mom and I have made since we've been reunited and able to cook together! :)

This is an AWESOME product from Costco.... Village Harvest's Whole Grain Creations. It has a medley of wheatberries, barley, quinoa, cranberries and almonds. You microwave 3/4 cup for 45 seconds and it's ready to eat!!
Here's the label: 220 calories in 3/4 cup, 4g of fat, 4g of fiber, and 5g of protein. Delish and a great option!

We made this grain, sauteed spinach with garlic, and added adobe shrimp to the plate. So yummy! For the shrimp, we combined adobo chilis with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Tossed the shrimp in the sauce and cook in a pan.

We served this meal with a side of tomatoes, onions and green beans...marinated with a little bit of balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes!


Will share one more picture for now....my mom and I went to the cafe in Nordstrom's for lunch one day in between the kids games at Junior Olympics this summer. I had a fabulous lunch...and I actually almost missed this item on the menu!! It was pan seared salmon with rustic roasted veggies. Olive oil, salt and pepper were the only seasonings used and it was wonderful. Loved the big pieces of veggies and the salmon was awesome...crispy outside from the pan being so hot, and cooked to perfection inside.


Hopefully once Derek and Alaina head back to school, I can convince my mom to rejoin the blogging world, I know you all miss her wonderful insights!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment